Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Schoolroom













Our "school" space is not quite ready but I'll show you the general area.


















Like many of you, our space is pretty limited, so we don't have a room just for school. I divided the toyroom and created an area that we could use for our "calendar" time and to store items we are working on each week.


















Along one wall we have our alphabet, weather frog, calendar, pocket charts for our letter and color of the week, and a flannel chart for our counting jar. I will also be adding a chart for our pattern of the day. Along the other wall I have crates that will hold special items for our theme, etc. To the side I have a bench that will hold books (and my son uses it when he plays with his tractors :). ) We have our Chicka Boom Boom Tree in the center where we will add letters as we learn them. The wall you can't see holds our family computer so we can watch videos from youtube, listen to our calendar songs, etc.


















The other side of the room is the toyroom. The top of the shelves will hold items I use regularly. There is also a little table where we will work on things and an easel for drawing and painting.


















We will do things throughout the house, the kitchen table, outside and away from home as well.


















I accumulated A LOT of stuff over my years of teaching and they are spread throughout the house as well, taking up bookshelves in our living room, closets, the attic, and half of my daughters bedroom. I try to down-size but somehow end up seeing things at garage sales, Goodwill, and ebay that would be perfect for a certain skill and are such a good deal - and somehow they end up at our house!


















Anyway, we plan on starting school on August 22nd, when the older children head off to public school and my oldest starts college. Next week there is a Not Back to School Picnic in a nearby town and I am SO excited to meet others and maybe get some tips and support as we start our homeschool journey!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome tree, and I love your weather frog-he is on my wish list :). You've done a great job of creating space where there wasnt any. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete